Saturday, December 8, 2007

Praying For Protection

Oh Lord I pray to you, I cry out to you with a great urgency. Hear me Lord as I pray. I lift up my hands in worship. May my prayers come before you as a sacrifice, may my prayers be acceptable before you.

Help me Lord to only speak well of everyone and to keep my mouth on guard and not to gossip. Let evil ways not tempt me Lord nor may I be drawn to do wicked things. Let me not keep company with ungodly people and grant me grace and love not to offend anyone.

Bring to me godly people who will keep me accountable and may I accept this as a blessing. Advice from a godly person I will not reject.

My prayers today I ask to be kept safe from the evil of this dark world and of the spiritual world. May those who seek to do me harm be blessed by you and may they in their blessing forget about me.

Let my eye look to you for everything Lord. Keep me safe and may I shelter in your protection. Allow me to pass safely through the troubles of this world and keep me from harm. To you Lord God be the glory and majesty my father and my God.

Many people slander you my God forgive them in their folly. Many claim to do good but are corrupt. As you look from heaven Lord to seek those who look for you, strengthen us against the corruptions of this world. Living in the world yet keeping us untainted from the evils of the world.

Lord Jesus society is turning away from you - there is corruption everywhere - few look for you my Lord.

People are ambitious grasping for money and worldly success, willing to destroy one another for mere possessions. No one looks to you.

Your people are attacked; protect us Lord through these times of trails and tribulations. Let us, your people, not worry for we have you Lord God.

In you Lord we have great fortunes. In you Lord we will live eternal in your glorious presence. Lord empower us in this life to do your will and to proclaim to the world your son Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

There is so much sin in the world yet no one cares to seek forgiveness. And Lord how many sins do I need to repent of! It is my sin of passion that I must seek forgiveness.

The shame and horror of this is an evil in my life.

Now I decide not to let my passions take hold of me and I come to you to give me strength to accomplish this. Many I see give into their passions and are overcome by them giving many excuses for their ways and justifying their sin as not sin at all.

Lord God help me to sing your praises and to share in the inexpressible joy of a heart trusting in you alone.

Help my stubbornness because I don't always praise you as I should. Yet my soul rests in your goodness and loving-kindness.

Lord help me in my backsliding, my resistance my forgetfulness of you my Lord and God. Evil corruptions urge me to stand in opposition to you.

Help me to proclaim your goodness with a submissive heart. May I look inwardly and ask, am I truly born again, is my spirit as a child in my approach to you, are my wants and needs a stumbling block to others, are my joys fruit of faith,
does my confidence in Christ spring from love, and does it purify my soul.

Let you love shine in my prayer and in my public life, wrap my heart in your love, hold me Lord and never let me go.

There is so much darkness still in me, scourge this out and live in me and cause me to long for perfect holiness.

Help me to proclaim your goodness with a submissive heart.

No comments: